Our Weird And Wonderful Life
Other people wonder, but they cannot understand.
They don’t know how it feels when we hold each other’s hand.
They don’t know our in-jokes, nor what makes us tick,
But that doesn’t matter. Not one little bit.
Because this is just ours and it isn’t to share.
The only thing that matters is that both of us care
About this relationship and the way we are together;
Not out of obligation, but because it is a pleasure.
We have our peculiarities but they make us unique;
Our moments of craziness can be tender and sweet.
We’re all a little weird in our own special way
And we celebrate those oddities as we unite today.
So let’s keep on going and forge our own path,
Sharing every moment and making each other laugh.
We get to decide the shape of our love.
This is our chance and this is for us.
Our Weird And Wonderful Life is a poem by Ms Moem.
Please do feel free to use this poem at your wedding. If you would like to purchase a printable copy to give to your registrar, or to the person who will be doing the reading for you, you can find it here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/542419506/wedding-gift-idea-poem-vows-printable
Also, if you do use any of my poems, please do tweet, instagram or facebook me @msmoem and let me know. I love seeing what my poems end up doing when I am not looking! 🙂
What quotes inspire you when you need to call on your strength?
Absolutely honoured to see my poetry included in this gorgeous wedding calligraphy installation.
The words are a snippet of my wedding poem called ‘I Promise’, which is available as a video on youtube.
The writing, design and styling by Suzanne Oddy is just glorious! Check out my post on my facebook page where I have shared Suzanne’s post which includes her video of the installation!
Love love love!
1. You are the boss of your life.
2. Grab all opportunities that come your way.
3. Other people’s opinions of you should not shape the person you are.
4. There’s only so much thinking you can do. Be decisive.
5. Take action.
6. Big achievements are good but it is the little things you do each day that mean most.
7. Never settle. What you settle for, you will be stuck with.
8. Don’t buy things you don’t need.
9. Aim to set off ten minutes earlier than you need to so you don’t have to rush.
10. Surround yourself with people who make you feel like you matter.
11. Be your own biggest fan!
12. Mindset is everything ~ believe you can!!
14. Never underestimate anyone. You don’t know who or what they know, so never discount a person based on an assumption.
15. No matter how tall the hill you want to climb, you must start walking. You’ll never get anywhere just standing at the bottom looking up.
16. Do the thing you love everyday.
17. The smallest change can have a big effect on your life.
18. Accept responsibility for your actions.
19. Don’t dwell on the past. Those days are gone and you can’t change them. Focus on your present and the future.
20. No-one is going to wave a magic wand and transform your life, but you can change your own life!
21. If you see an opportunity to help another person, do it. Kindness doesn’t need a reason.
22. If someone wrongs you, forgive, forget and move on. Holding anger does nobody any favours.
23. Trust your gut instincts.
24. Check in with yourself every so often and if you have stuff you want to work on, set yourself a goal or a target.
25. Always remember you are as capable of great things as anyone else! Go for it!